Friday May 10 thru Tuesday May 21st, 2013
A 10-day silent meditation retreat is coming to Your area; the same kind popularized at worldwide meditation centers for their effectiveness in calming and purifying our minds and bringing peace to our lives. (See Below if you can only attend for weekend portion of retreat).
Vipassana New World, www.VipassanaNewWold.org, is proud to bring a 10-day silent Vipassana meditation retreat to Sedona and Northern Arizona this Spring, 2013.
Held on a simple property surrounded by Sedona's glorious and powerful Red Rock energy, this retreat will be the third 10-day retreat offered in Northern Arizona by Vipassana New World.
Each retreat is intimate, catering specifically to your needs, your goals, your challenges.
What To Expect:
- Men and Women are segregated "as possible". Our rented retreat centers and properties are smaller than worldwide centers, so retreats are more intimate ("We're all in this Together") in their experience.
- There is silence for 10 days, except for speaking to instructor or volunteers.
- Please do not practice any other form of spirituality or mantra or energy work while attending your course in order to fully grasp Vipassana effects on your mind.
- There is no writing or reading during your course.
- Two meals and an evening snack are provided with no snacking in between.
- Mental Body is almost exclusively trained, so one receives lasting healing for their minds.
- Daily Schedule with exact instruction during each meditation is offered. You are peacefully guided where to be and what to do at all times.
- Breaks of 10 to 15min between each sitting.
- Most meditations last approx 1 hour. Chairs are available for students with neck, leg, and back issues.
- Major emotional releases often take place on Day 2 to 3 and Day 6 to 7 for students. Following these releases is often a deeper embodiment of one's own peace.
- Safety is of primary concern. We are each responsible for ourselves. There will be one instructor onsite at times with a volunteer or cook or property caretaker.
In a student's words:
..."You did an amazing job! I felt very safe and comfortable with you as my guide during the retreat. I feel that you were attentive, supportive, and willing to help during any challenges. The food was exquisite."
-Dec 2011 retreat student
Vipassana helps bring discipline to one's mind, so fear, worry, and anxiety, codependency and attachment, craving/ addiction, and reaction greatly reduces or ceases. It's common for a person to choose a 10-day course when they are at a positive crossroads in their lives.
Common reasons include:
- *Desiring silence and peace for a prolonged period of time,
- *Desiring great emotional or mental healing related to a specific issue,
- *Choosing to excel spiritually and renounce their life for 1/3 of a month,
- *To release a great deal of emotional trauma in order to feel Lighter and more Loving,
- *To heal codependency within a relationship,
- *Engaging in a mentally challenging activity to strengthen mind, confidence, integrity, and character,
- *To receive clarity for an issue or activity.
Vipassana is mentally challenging, yet it succeeds and remains popular due to its effectiveness in bringing peace, overall healing, centeredness (groundedness), and knowingness to one's life.
- Releases over-thinking,
- Increases Awareness,
- Balances one's mind,
- Heals one's emotional body, allowing for peaceful, win-win interactions,
- Reduces craving,
- Releases stress while reducing high blood pressure,
- Strengthens one's ability to observe more and react less,
- Helps us live from our hearts by Feeling more.
Life is about Feeling more and Thinking less. Vipassana is a tool that helps us become in touch with 'feeling' at all times, so we remain in this present moment, experiencing exactly 'what is'. From this state, we can then choose to Respond rather than react at what is happening in our lives or all around us.
In a student's words:
..."Your retreat was one of the few classes, out of all the classes I've been dragged to go through in the (last) 13 years (that) has truly made an impact on me..."
-Dec 2010 retreat student
- $550 Flat Donation covers all food, lodging, and teaching costs.
- $650 Benefactor Donation- this allows for some of your tuition to go towards a scholarship student.
- $350 Scholarship Donation- request this fee should you not have the suggested donations above.
Vipassana in its pure form is taught fully on donations. NO PERSON CAN BE TURNED AWAY SHOULD THEY NOT HAVE THE FULL SUGGESTED DONATION. IF YOU DESIRE ATTENDING A 10-DAY AND YOU ARE AVAILABLE, YOU WILL BE ACCEPTED TO ATTEND PROVIDED YOUR APPLICATION IS APPROVED. Please contact VNW directly at 818.632.1179 should you fall under this category. Ask to speak about available scholarships.
You will receive humble accommodations, all-organic meals (with some raw superfood options), fully-guided masterful instruction in Vipassana meditation, daily counseling and guidance as needed, on-call medical, optional healing and counseling on an as needed basis.
An airport Shuttle from Phoenix to this 10-day Event will be offered for a $50 donation for Friday May 10 afternoon and Tuesday May 21st later morning.
Deeply effective Massage sessions are available before or after one's retreat for donation to help one better integrate their experience.
Students may remain on property until Tuesday morning, 10am, May 21st.
3-day silent Weekend Retreat: May 10 thru May 13 ($250 suggested donation)
The first weekend of every 10-day retreat is offered as an opportunity to get your feet wet with meditation. VNW offers Anapana Weekend Retreats during the first weekend of each 10-day retreat.
Students are encouraged to remain for the full 10-days, yet we understand that sometimes it is not possible in one's current life to do so. If you can only attend the weekend, we encourage you to take part in individual one-on-one Vipassana Lessons following your retreat in order to advance into Vipassana. This prepares you for future retreats and additional health & healing each time you sit in meditation.
Weekend Vipassana Retreats are offered for a suggested donation of $250 and last from 10-day retreat opening day, Friday evenings to the end of the weekend, Sunday evening 6pm, with the option to stay until Monday morning 10am. It takes approximately 3 days to fully excel at 'Anapana', breath awareness, before one progresses on to Vipassana Training. Weekend Retreats will therefore focus on Anapana; a major foundation in Vipassana.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to share you desire to attend and any questions or concerns.
- Goto: /retreat-application.html and fill out the application and send back immediately.
Blanket, pillow, meditation pillow (it may be provided if one is not owned), yoga mat, toiletries, clothing (loose clothing for meditation, warm clothing, and jeans- shorts are not encouraged for meditation), towel, waterjug, flipflops, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, shoes, flashlight.
Vipassana 10-day retreats are experiences and healings that last a lifetime.
IF you are interested in attending and are "on-the-fence", please contact instructor at 818.632.1179 to discuss Vipassana as it relates to your actual mind-type and life. Vipassana has the ability to truly shift one's life into a more profound and deep experience. It is a doorway into one's own true nature, so you receive your own answers about your unique life.
We proudly and respectfully bring this 10-day retreat to the Verde Valley for your direct healing and peace.
In a student's words:
..."Vipassana has been the single most effective tool I have added to my life in the last decade. It is a simple, calming meditation technique that I (now) find time to do for an hour about once per week, and the benefits are varied and immediate."
-Vipassana student and Pilates instructor
Next 10-day Retreats:
July 26 thru Aug 5th: Flagstaff, AZ
Oct 2013, Los Angeles
Past 10-day Retreats:
Sept 2011, Pine, AZ
Dec 2011, Austin (Bandera), TX
Apr 2012, Clarkdale, AZ
Please contact VNW for past and upcoming 1-day, 3-day, and 5-day retreats.
Complimentary bi-monthly tele-sittings, counseling, 30-day training courses, and audios available for students following their retreats.
Since 2010, VNW offers courses, one-on-one life-guidance sessions, healing, and retreats inspired by the teachings of Vipassana meditation.
No tuition or donation goes towards the teacher for their service. Monies received go towards rental of proper facility, administration, and making future retreats better.
Following one's retreat, an opportunity for 'Dana' is available for a student to provide a heartfelt-donation of their choosing to the teacher.
Come enjoy our upcoming silent Sedona weekend or 10-day Vipassana Meditation Retreat:
All students are welcome to attend. Please Read Event Posting. No student will be turned away on account of finances. Please fill out application on /retreat-application.html. Weekend retreat (May 10 thru 13) or 10-day Retreat (May 10 thru 21st) options.